It's ALL about having fun...
The goal of Wodonga Diamonds FC Miniroos program is to provide children of all abilities the opportunity to learn and play football with friends in a safe and fun environment.
We are, amongst other things, a development program for the Junior and Senior football programs and seek to create a life-long love of the game.
We seek to create a balanced playing field for all players and teams to build an environment where all children have an equal chance to enjoy and succeed in the game. This includes experienced players as well as those pulling on boots for the first time.
Wodonga Diamonds FC provides its Miniroos players with access to training and game opportunities in order to build friendships, improve their skills, and maximise their time on the ball in a structured environment.
What is MiniRoos?
MiniRoos is designed for kids of all abilities, aged 4 – 11 years. The nation-wide initiative uses short, game-based sessions to introduce the sport of football to newcomers in an inclusive way. It focuses on learning new skills & being active.
WDFC Mini-Roos Co-ordinator: Lauren Brunec
2024 Playing Cost. (Includes Training and Games)
Requirements for playing
- PUMA WDFC Training/Playing shirt $45.00
- PUMA Red Shorts $ 25.00
- PUMA Red Socks $ 20.00
- Shin Guards
All PUMA merchandise can be purchased online through WDFC. Other optional merchandise is also available.
2024 registrations | Training | Games
WDFC Latrobe University Wodonga
Thursday nights 5.00pm - 6.00pm
Start date TBC
Location Willow Park
Saturdays time See Facebook Page for updated times
In 2023 we have approx. 250 Children registered from U5-U11 and over 400 players within the club. This makes WDFC the biggest AWFA club in Albury/Wodonga. In saying this the club is ran purely by volunteers and relies on it's volunteers and sponsors to ensure everyone that plays at WDFC enjoys their football experience.
We do ask that as a parent and as a member of WDFC you are mindful of the following and if you can assist in anyway the football club would be greatly appreciative.
1. All positions are volunteer roles. Everyone is encouraged to volunteer.
2. If you have an idea or comment about the club etc. Please direct all comments in the correct manner to the committee or coordinator. Feed back is always welcome.
3. Coaches and Assistants are here to coach and arrange training and game days. Please allow these volunteers to do these assigned jobs without criticism. Please direct all comments in the correct manner to the committee or coordinator.
4. You the Parent/Guardian or Nominated Adult MUST be in attendance at all times during training and on game days when your child is in attendance. If you are leaving your child under the supervision of another adult please inform the child. NO CHILD is to be left un-attended under any circumstance at training or on game day.
5. Parents are expected to be present during training and games to ensure your child's behaviour. All our coaches and assistance are here to ensure all children get as much out of each session, not to discipline your child.
6. We are not in the World Cup, Premier League or A-League. Please let the kids play and enjoy learning skills and making new friends.
7. WDFC will not condone any behaviour by a parent or child that does not neet the values of WDFC.